Kinesitherapsit, International Schroth Instructor, Low Back Pain Expert
I always wanted to do a job that would help me and others. In order to offer the best help to others, I first had to give myself the best, which was a Schroth education. Asklepios Katharina-Schroth-Klinik Bad Sobernheim is the place that changed a lot for me, starting from approaching a problem to ways of its solving. I also realised that one person, however good at his job, has their limits, so I set out to build a team of quality people who are eager to learn, train and get opportunities to help others.
My belief in the Schroth method and the work I do has awakened in me the desire to share the knowledge with other therapists. This came true when I became an international Schroth instructor and continued to spread my knowledge in other countries in Europe and worldwide, which is another way of indirectly helping those in need. I am proud of my own and the success of the entire Scolio Centar team. Believe in your dreams and be the best version of yourself in everything you do, that's the key to success!
Nikola was born in 1986 in Kruševac, Serbia. He graduated from the Medical School in Kruševac in 2005, and in 2011 he obtained the title of Professor of Physical Education - Graduate of kinesitherapist at the Faculty of Sports and Physical Education in Novi Sad. He graduated from the same faculty in 2013 with an average grade of 9.50 and earned a master’s degree in physical education and sports.
He enrolled in doctoral studies in 2013 at the same Faculty.
From 2009-2010 Nikola was engaged as a demonstrator in the subject Kinesitherapy and professional practice of kinesitherapy at the Faculty of Sports and Physical Education. During this period, he gained work experience whilst working on improving motor skills in preschool children in a sports school. The aim of this approach was to establish adequate growth and development through the application of corrective exercises.
After one more year of work at the Faculty as a teaching assistant in the subject Kinesitherapy in the period 2011-2012, Nikola went to ASKLEPIOS, Katharina - Schroth Clinic in Germany, specialising in the Schroth three-dimensional method for the correction of scoliosis and kyphosis. Upon returning from Germany, he began to professionally apply the knowledge of the Schroth method to working with people with scoliosis and/or kyphosis. From 2014-2015 he was involved in a team of researchers at the IPA-spinelab international project entitled “Improving Postural and Spinal Status Assessment”, which was successfully conducted by the Faculty of Sport and Physical Education in Novi Sad in cooperation with the Faculty of Sport and Physical Education in Sarajevo. Upon completion of the project, he became a visiting lecturer at the Faculty of Kinesiology in Split on the subject Kinesitherapy.
Having become a regional Schroth instructor on behalf of the German Spine-Concept-Sobernheim Institute in 2017, he became entitled to conduct Schroth education. So far, he has conducted education in Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria and the Netherlands.
He is the founder of the ISST Schroth Camp for people with scoliosis and kyphosis. The camp is now being implemented in several countries: Serbia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania, Canada, Turkey, America.
- 2009 - participated and presented his research work at the international student conference “Sport as a Lifestyle” at Masarik University in Czech Republic
- 2009 - presented his work at the Congress of the Anthropological Society of Serbia in Prolom Banja
- 2009 - participated at the 13th Symposium on Sports and Physical Education for Youth in Ohrid, Macedonia and presented his scientific work
- 2010 - participated in the 14th Symposium on Sports and Physical Education for Youth in Ohrid
- 2010 - completed a course for manual massage with knowledge of the elements of sports massage, Novi Sad Open University, Novi Sad
- 2011 - attended an English language course at the Sprachaffe International School in Malta
- In 2012 - completed his specialisation at ASKLEPIOS, Katharina-Schroth Clinic in Germany and received the title of Schroth Therapist
- In 2013 - presented his research work at the Congress of the Anthropological Society of Serbia in Novi Sad
- 2013 – renewed the license for Schroth Therapist at ASKLEPIOS, Katharina-Schroth Clinic
- 2013-2014 - a member of a research team on the IPA project entitled “Improving Postural and Spinal Status Assessment – SpineLab”
- 2014 - renewed license for Schroth Therapist at ASKLEPIOS, Katharina-Schroth Clinic
- 2014 - completed training in working with Spinal Mouse and Contemplas
- May 2016 - participated at SOSORT “The Society on Scoliosis Orthopeadic and Rehabilitation Treatment” Banff, Canada
- April 2017 - obtained ISST Instructor License and earned the title of Regional Schroth Instructor
- September 2017 - December 2017 - leader of Novi Sad city project: “Prevention and correction of deformities in children and athletes with efficient and timely response”
- October 2017 - June 2018 - participated as a lecturer on the project “Physical Activity in the Service of Health” accredited by the Health Council of Serbia
- April 2017 - participated at SOSORT “The Society on Scoliosis Orthopeadic and Rehabilitation Treatment” Lyon, France
- April 2018 - participated at SOSORT “The Society on Scoliosis Orthopeadic and Rehabilitation Treatment” Dubrovnik, Croatia
- 2019 - McGill 2: Assessment - Converging on a precise diagnosis Certification